Written by Robert Krumrey
Monday, 20 March 2017 15:35
Join us for a week of worship based on Jesus' final week on earth as depicted in the Gospel of John. We'll start with Palm Sunday (4/9) and end with Easter Sunday (4/16). Weekly 9:00pm services will be 1 hour, hosted in Johnson Chapel at Amherst College, and available on Facebook Live for those who are unable to come but want to participate.
See below for schedule and details!
HOLY WEEK SCHEDULE
- 4/9 Palm Sunday Morning Worship (9:15am OR 11:15am) – John 11, Raising of Lazarus
- 4/9 Palm Sunday Evening Worship (9:00pm) – John 12, Triumphal Entry
- 4/10 Monday Evening Worship (9:00pm) – John 14, The Promised Holy Spirit
- 4/11 Tuesday Evening Worship (9:00pm) – John 15, The Vine
- 4/12 Wednesday Passover Seder (6:00pm) – Please bring your food hot and ready to eat by 5:30pm
- 4/12 Wednesday Evening Worship (9:00pm) – John 13, Washing of the Feet
- 4/13 Thursday Evening Worship (9:00pm) – John 15:18-17:26, The World
- 4/14 Good Friday Crosswalk (noon) – Meet at our main building for a processional through downtown Amherst while a few of us take turns carrying a large wooden cross. Includes readings from the Good Friday accounts of the gospels and takes about 1 hour.
- 4/14 Good Friday Evening Service (7:00pm) – John 18:1-19:30
- 4/15 Saturday Evening Service (9:00pm) – John 19:31-42, Buried
- 4/16 Easter Sunday Service (9:15am OR 11:15am) – John 20:1-18, He is Risen!
Parking Near Johnson Chapel
Best places to park for our services at Johnson Chapel are in the lot next to the Amherst College Bus Stop right next to Converse Hall OR on the street directly in front of the Kirby Theater / Admissions Office. Johnson Chapel has a tall steeple and is located at the highest point of the campus.